-
December 7th, 2005, 03:14 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I read all of the books that were available (Kaya wasn't on the scene yet) with my 2 girls who were 4 & 6 at the time. We'd read one or 2 chapters (sometimes 3 or 4 or a whole book when they begged) every night before bed. They both really wanted the dolls, but our rule was we had to read every book first, before they could choose their dolls- I did that because everytime we'd start reading a new book, they were both SURE that that was the doll they were going to want.
When Kaya came out I read those books before my girls were allowed to read them- I knew with Native American characters there could be talk of religious practices that are contrary to our beliefs and I wanted to be able to talk with them about the books as they read them.
My FAVORITE stories were Addy's, my girls chose Kit and Kirsten.
Since then the we've read all the short stories, and the girls have read some of the historical mysteries - both old and new.
The only book we haven't read yet is Elizabeth's- that should be coming for Christmas.
Jo
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 07, 2005 11:16 AM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks